Tuesday, January 12, 2016

C sections for life and first time mom advice

Throughout this entire pregnancy my main focus and the thing I was most determined to do was to have a vaginal birth after c section. Women do it all the time and I knew I could suck it up and push a kid out the old fashioned way (that is if they decided to come out thecorrect way). I worked out until 39 and a half weeks and all I kept hearing were people praising me for stepping foot in the gym and how easy my labor would be. I was also already tainted by Facebook posts from friends or people in groups discussing how they were only in labior for an hour or two and pushed out a kid in thuirty minutes or less. For real that shit happens? I knew the birthing process for me wouldn't be that easy but I was determined to do it on my own, determined to wait to go into labor on my own but not against pain meds as long as I could go as long as possible enduring the pain.

So we continue December 29 or was it the 28 I had my last doctor s appointment and I requested a membrane sweep. I figured it was my last shit before having to be induced since sex at this point was just not a pleasurable outcome.  Anyways I was home and all of a sudden felt some liquid come out and after a call back from the doctor we were on our way to the hospital. Unfortunately Aubrey obviously couldn't stay with us so Andrewhadto drive me to the hospital with her and drive her back home where she was having a sleep over with her friends. It killed me to be without her and worry how she was doing. 


Once I was admitted I waited for Andrew and started off at about 2.5 CM contractions very light.  This was at about 7pm. They didn't check me often but my contractions got longer and were more painful. I felt like I was doing great and managing the pain as best I could with no pain meds so I kept going. The first time they checked which was around 1030 pm I had very little progress at around 3cm.  I was already discouraged BC it seemed as if this was starting to take me back to the labor with Aubrey.  Three more hours went by and I was reluctant to have them check again BC I was so scared and when they did I still had not much progress so they gave me a very low dose of petocin. I muscled through those heavier and longer contractions being in labor a total of 10 hours with no pain meds but they could tell I was getting tired and they didn't want my body to stall progress. At this point they could tell that my body was doing things on its own so they shut off the petocin but at this point decided to take a light pain killer I believe it was called newbane? Not too sure.


Anyways the time gets fuzzy here but the last time they checked I still had not progressed any further so they called my doctor who then checked me and said that his head still wasn't even down that they couldn't turn the petocin on BC his heart rate dropped a little bit already and they didn't want to take chances that at this point she dubbed me as having pelvis bones that just would never cooperate with a vaginal birth BC the babies head can not get where its supposed to be. So I needed to be prepped for a c section. I balled my eyes out during the epidural that I think I scared the anesthesiologist.  They all knew how badly I wanted the VBAC but at 6:01 am I gave birth to my handsome son Noah John :)


It is disappointing when your birthing plan doesn't go as planned but my advice to first time moms is honestly don't have a plan. Practice what you need to practice for breathing and a vaginal birth but your biody and your baby make the decision of how they will be delivered not you

No comments:

Post a Comment